The pages on the website (“the website”) are published by China Design Centre LTD.
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them.
Examples of how we collect your data:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity and contact when you join CDC’s events or visit our gallery/shop in the past;
- Create an account to use the designers/brands or partners membership services on our website;
- Subscribe to receive the newsletter;
- Make enquiries or request information be sent to you;
- Engage with us on social media;
- Contact us by phone/email; or leave comments on our website.
The information we collect includes:
- Your first name, last name, email address and other optional information such as your company name when you subscribe to our newsletters;
- Profile information includes first name, last name, username or email address and an encrypted version of your login/password when you sign up to use our designers/brands or partners membership services. You may sign in to check the information you provided to us.
In addition to the company’s safeguards, your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act and in the EU by the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). This provides amongst other things that the data we hold about you should be processed lawfully and fairly. It should be accurate, relevant and not excessive. The information should be kept up to date, where necessary, and not retained for longer than is necessary. It should be kept securely to prevent unauthorised access by other people. You have the right to see what is held about you and correct any inaccuracies online.
If the General Data Protection Regulation applies to you because you are in the European Union, you have rights include:
- The right to be informed: that’s an obligation on us to inform you how we use your personal data;
- The right of access: that’s a right to make ‘data subject access request’ for copy of the personal data we hold about you; and you can request in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to rectification: that’s a right to make us correct personal data about you that may be incomplete or inaccurate;
- The right to be forgotten: where in certain circumstances you can ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless there’s an overriding legal reason we need to keep it);
- The right to restrict processing: that’s a right for you in certain circumstances to ask us to suspend processing personal data;
- The right to object: that’s a right for you to object to us processing your personal data.
Please note that these rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them.